Sunday, November 11, 2007

Chapter 3.0: Invisible

I feel for A (Anonymous). Imagine living life as if you're not there--distant to your own world, stranger to your own circle. I bet he wishes to shout, but what for? Surely people will hear him, but will anyone bother to ask why? In situations such as his, would you rather remain invisible or be seen but misunderstood?

I'm no mere observer to this life of his as such stories are typical monologues over coffee. I'm not complaining. I willfully offer an ear as a friend who also needs to release her own steam through venting unsolicited advice which I know will be useless in a minute or so. When I hear of such stories, I can't help but ponder on my own life--Is life really that complicated?

My issues are the total opposite. I need not shout for people to listen. More often that not, people quote me for something i have not even uttered. Blessed? Not quite. Rather than being invisible, people have chosen to depict my life the way they wish for it to be. Truth is of no essence in my world. There are numerous moments wherein I wish to retreat--to be able to spend a day in a bubble--free of everyone's scrutiny.

Life's brilliant in my spectrum, or so they say. Extravagance is ordinary. What's next? I aim for the normality that every citizen fails to cherish. I wish to enjoy loneliness and breathe every moment of its sanctity. I wish to wallow on sadness without anyone pushing to entertain me.

Wake up. This is my typical day.

So today, I imagine walking to work; appreciating the warmth of the morning sun on my face while sipping my foamy latte. I'm greeted with piles of paperwork waiting to be noticed, already dusting in history. Then again, this is what i imagine. In truth, I'm driven to work, greeted by my own personal assistant, with a tall Starbucks Mochaccino waiting on my desk. Work? Not for me. I'm successful that way--work is done for me. I'm paid to say 'Yes, No, Perhaps' and to give my signature.

Perfect life? You decide.

-Posh Wanderer

No comments: